rayer before the Cross (optional)
- Holding crucifix, make "Sign of the Cross" and say "Apostles'
- On the first bead, say the "Our Father".
- Say a "Hail Mary" on each of the next three small beads. These
beads are a prayer to increase the three virtues of Faith, Hope and
- On the next bead say a "Glory Be", announce the first mystery,
and say the "Our Father".
- Say a "Hail Mary" on each of the next ten beads moving counter
- Say a "Glory Be" and the "Fatima Prayer" (Oh My Jesus).
- On the next bead, announce the second mystery, and say the "Our
- Repeat until each of the five mysteries has been prayed.
- On the centerpiece of the Rosary, say the "Hail Holy Queen"
followed by the ending prayer (Oh God).
- Holding the crucifix, make the "Sign of the Cross".
The Joyful Mysteries
(Said on Mondays, Thursdays,
the Sundays of Advent and Sundays from Epiphany until Lent.)
- The Annunciation (Humility)
- The Visitation (Fraternal Charity)
- The Nativity (Love of God)
- The Presentation (Spirit of Sacrifice)
- Finding in the Temple (Zeal)
The Sorrowful Mysteries
(Said on Tuesdays,
Fridays throughout the year; and daily from Ash Wednesday until Easter
- Agony in the Garden (True Repentance)
- Scourging at the Pillar (Mortification)
- Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage)
- Carrying of the Cross (Patience)
- The Crucifixion (Final Perseverance)
The Glorious Mysteries
(Said on Wednesdays,
Saturdays, and the Sundays from Easter until Advent.)
- The Resurrection (Faith)
- The Ascension (Hope)
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Zeal)
- The Assumption (Happy Death)
- The Coronation of Blessed Virgin Mary (Love for Mary)
Our Father, who art in
Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it
is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of
grace! The Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
I believe in God,
the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only
Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended
into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven,
and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall
come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy
Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Hail! Holy Queen
Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we
cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, thine
eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed
fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement! O loving! O sweet Virgin Mary!
for us, O Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of
Prayer After the Rosary
whose only-begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for
us the rewards of eternal life; grant we beseech Thee, that meditating upon
these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may
imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ
our Lord. Amen.
May the divine assistance remain always with us.
And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of
God, rest in peace. Amen.
O my Jesus, forgive
us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, take all souls to heaven and help
especially those most in need of Your mercy.